Length: 11 days
Price: From $11,200 per person based on double occupancy
Type: Private travel experience
Dates: Based on your preferred travel dates
If you’re seeking the best Japan has to offer, look no further than our 11-day Luxury Japan: Art, Culture & Cuisine trip. Featuring once-in-a-lifetime experiences and some of Japan’s best hotels and ryokans, you’ll enjoy art, culture and incredible cuisine as you immerse yourself in Japan. Unlike typical Japan tours, our trip includes the perfect combination of essential highlights with unique, non-touristy once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
“Our itinerary included the word “epic” and the trip met our expectations and more! We have always planned our own trips, but were intimidated by the logistics around multi-city travel in Japan. Boutique Japan made it possible.” – Alex Anderson & Aaron Kravitz, San Francisco, CA
- The chance to stay at several of Japan’s top hotels and ryokans
- Tokyo, one of the world’s most exciting cities
- Kyoto, the ancient capital, including a stay at the magical HOSHINOYA
- Hakone National Park in the shadow of Mount Fuji, with a stay at the legendary Gora Kadan
- Naoshima’s art & architecture, including a stay at Benesse House
- Hiroshima and the UNESCO-recognized Miyajima Island
- Culinary experiences including a private sake tasting, traditional cooking class and kaiseki dining
- Once-in-a-lifetime experiences including sumo and private dinner with a geisha
- And more!
- 10 nights of deluxe luxury and boutique accommodations including Andaz Tokyo, Benesse House, HOSHINOYA Kyoto, Gora Kadan and more
- Daily breakfast at your accommodations & deluxe multi-course kaiseki dinner at your ryokan
- Private half-day orientation tour of Tokyo & sake tasting
- Private cooking class & additional half-day tour of Tokyo
- Private half-day tour of Hiroshima & full-day tour of Miyajima
- Private half-day tour of Naoshima
- Private cycling tour of Arashiyama & walking tour of Nishiki Market
- Private dinner with maiko in Kyoto’s Gion geisha district
- Tickets to attend the sumo basho (tournament) in Tokyo
- Meet-and-greet on arrival in Tokyo, including private transfer to your hotel
- Private transfer from your hotel to Tokyo Station
- Shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo to Hiroshima in the first-class Green Car
- Travels to Naoshima, including shinkansen in Green Car, private transfer and ferry
- Travels to Kyoto, including ferry, private transfer and shinkansen in Green Car
- Private return transfers between Kyoto Station and your accommodations
- Shinkansen from Kyoto to Odawara (Hakone) in Green Car
- Private return transfers between Odawara Station and your ryokan
- Shinkansen (bullet train) from Odawara Station to Tokyo
- Private transfer from your hotel to the airport for departure
- Extensive Japan pre-departure information (including money & currency, packing for Japan, etiquette & tipping, how to stay connected via mobile & Wi-Fi, survival words & phrases, foods to try, and much more) to help you prepare for your trip
- 24/7 emergency in-country assistance while in Japan
- International flights
- Travel insurance (we provide recommendations)
- Meals, tours, experiences, etc. other than those specified
- Entrance fees or local transport at each destination, except as specified
- Personal expenses such as baggage handling, rental mobile phone or pocket Wi-Fi, laundry, mini-bar, etc.
- Any other services not specified
Is this a group tour?
No, this is a private travel experience for you and your fellow traveler(s).
Is this trip possible for solo travelers or other-sized parties?
Yes, simply contact us here and we can provide more details depending on how many of you there will be.
Are the dates flexible?
Yes, we will plan this trip based on your preferred travel dates.
Prices and availability may vary depending on the dates, but this is something we will let you know as soon as possible after you inquire, to avoid any surprises.
Can you help book flights?
Yes, we can advise and assist with flights, or you can book your own flights.
Are trip extensions possible?
Yes, this trip can be extended, with add-ons possible before or after the itinerary. Extend your stay in Tokyo or Kyoto, or add a completely different part of Japan. Contact us for more details.
What’s included in the cost?
Please see the list above for details of what’s included in the cost.
When do I have to pay?
Once we have determined availability and pricing for your desired dates we normally require a 30% deposit. Availability and rates are subject to change until we have completed the confirmation process.
If your trip is coming up within 90 days, full payment will be required to secure your bookings.
What should I pack (and what about Wi-Fi, train times, dietary restrictions, the time difference, passports, visas, etc.)?
Not to worry! We make sure all of our clients are prepared with extensive pre-departure information.
Ready to Plan Your Japan Trip?