Personal identification information
We may collect and use personal identification information that Users provide to us, including, but not limited to, when you register on the site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. You may refuse to supply this information; however, refusal may prevent you from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
We may also automatically collect certain information when Users visit our site. This information may include IP addresses.
Non-personal identification information
We automatically collect non-personal identification information from Users whenever they access our Site. This may include, but is not limited to, your browser type and version, operating system, device, and service provider.
Web browser cookies
How we respond to “Do Not Track” signals
We do not track our Users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when you access them in order to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may allow you to set the DNT signal so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
How we use collected information
Boutique Japan may collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments. We use the information you provide when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address you provide to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
In the event of a sale, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may be required to transfer business assets, including information that has been collected from Users. We will notify Users by email if they have provided it to us and/or a notice on our website.
We may disclose your information if required to do so pursuant to judicial or governmental subpoenas, warrants, and orders, or as otherwise required by law. In addition, we retain the right to use, disclose and/or share your personal and non-personal information to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person whether or not there is a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Notice to international users
Our Site is hosted in the United States and the data we collect is stored in the United States. Users accessing our website from the European Union (“EU”) or elsewhere should be aware that they are transferring personal data to the United States, which does not have the same personal data protection laws as the EU and other regions. That being said, we take steps to ensure that Users’ privacy is protected as described in this policy. By using our website, Users consent to have their personal information used and transferred to the United States as set forth in this policy.
Applicable law and choice of forum
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on October 22, 2014