Boutique Japan is hiring a brilliant, ambitious, and experienced Sales Ninja.
If you have experience designing bespoke trips for savvy world travelers in a comparable sales position, you may be the perfect fit for our globally-distributed team!
Thank you so much to each of you who applied! The application window has closed.
A Dream Job for the Right Person
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for an ambitious and experienced travel specialist.
You’ll take on a challenging and exciting role at a fun and dynamic company, work from nearly anywhere in the world, and live and breathe travel.
Who Are We?
We are a fast-growing travel company that specializes in crafting luxury journeys for savvy travelers from around the world (learn more about us).
Apart from the unique experiences we offer, it is our extreme attention to our clients’ interests, priorities and preferences that helps us ensure that each of our travelers has an amazing trip.
We love what we do, and are passionate about treating every task and interaction with a highly personalized approach.
We’d love for you to join us!
Who Are You?
We are looking for a highly-motivated Sales Ninja who will not only wow our clients and curate incredible travel experiences, but will also take an active role in continually “leveling up” the way we do things.
Vital Sales Ninja attributes include:
- Experience designing and arranging bespoke trips for savvy world travelers in a comparable position
- A constant desire to improve yourself, as well as those around you (both personally and professionally)
- A proven track record of being able to manage yourself
- A level of attention to detail and conscientiousness that occasionally makes others wonder why you care so much, but with the ability to take a step back and look at the big picture
- World-class communication and customer service skills, and a highly-refined ability to treat every interaction and task with a personalized approach
- Extensive world travel experience, and an authentic and palpable enthusiasm for travel and adventure
- The ability to focus single-mindedly on your task at hand, while simultaneously managing numerous projects – and the calm perspective to prioritize intelligently
- The humility and honesty to admit when you don’t know something, combined with sophisticated research and networking skills that help you find solutions to challenging questions and requests
What to Expect
You’ll spend your first few weeks with us learning about our company, your fellow team members, and our travelers – all the while immersing yourself in our detailed and well-documented sales processes.
As you steadily master your responsibilities you will take on an increasing number of clients, helping give each of our travelers an exceptional experience in Japan.
In addition, one of your key responsibilities will be to continually evaluate everything we do (and how we do it) with a keenly critical eye, and thus take a role in helping to shape the ongoing evolution of our company.
We’re passionate about constantly refining and improving how we do things – not only when it comes to our sales and trip-design processes (which will be a particular focus for you), but with regard to every aspect of our company.
This applies to everything from administrative processes, to how we interact with each other as a fully distributed team, and of course our travelers’ experiences!
Sales Ninja Tasks & Responsibilities
Below is a sampling of the types of tasks for which you will be responsible as Sales Ninja.
Please bear in mind that this is only an outline, and your roles and responsibilities may vary.
- Reply to new inquiries from potential travelers, and effortlessly communicate in a warm, human, and exceedingly professional manner via email, telephone and/or video call
- Demonstrate your extensive knowledge and expertise through insightful ideas and questions, and read between the lines to hone in on key traveler interests and needs
- Keenly perceive traveler personalities and preferences to thoughtfully suggest the perfect accommodations, guides, and experiences
- Organize disparate trip ideas and priorities into cohesive bespoke itineraries that match and exceed the expectations of highly-experienced world travelers
- Possess the creativity to quickly and efficiently design itinerary outlines, and patience to painstakingly map out complex itineraries in minute detail
- Compose accurate and beautifully-written descriptions of destinations and experiences
- Meticulously manage complex trip budgets involving a multitude of factors, and maintain extreme levels of detail and order in record keeping and updates to internal files and documents
- Initiate bookings with guides, hotels, ryokans, and other suppliers
- Communicate extensively with team members and suppliers throughout the booking process to ensure arrangements are executed flawlessly
- Provide impeccable support to travelers before, during, and after their trips
- Seamlessly and simultaneously assist travelers at various stages (i.e., new inquiry, proposal, etc.) of the sales process
- Meet and exceed ambitious sales targets
- Continually find and develop ways to improve our processes
Expertise in the following is a plus but not required:
- Google Apps
- SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
This is a uniquely challenging position, and you will be working full time. But you won’t be working from a cubicle (unless cubicles are your thing), because the position is remote, i.e., location-independent.
Our company is US-based but fully distributed, which means that you can work from almost anywhere in the world you please – provided you have infallible internet.
It will be up to you where to set up base, and whether you’re working from Tokyo, Melbourne, Barcelona, or elsewhere, you will be working hard and tackling difficult but invigorating challenges.
As a close-knit team, we speak often by a variety of communication tools (including video calls, Slack, and more), and meet in person for team retreats as often as possible.
But, if you get the feeling that remote work might not be ideal for you, you should probably trust your gut. Many people prefer the structure and interaction of in-person office positions, and remote work can be lonely and challenging (it’s definitely not for everyone).
This is a full-time job with a fairly flexible schedule.
We are results-oriented above all, and while we will provide plenty of guidance and support (we want you to thrive!), you must have a proven track record of successfully managing yourself.
While we are generally not as concerned about which hours you work, you will have daily, weekly and other regular deliverables that must be completed on time.
You will also need to coordinate your schedule to speak in real time with travelers, team members, and suppliers (for example, Japan-based guides and accommodations), which – depending on your location – may require flexible time zone coordination on your part.
Pay will be commensurate with your experience and skills, and composed of a combination of base salary plus incentives.
Enthusiasm, hard work, and ambition will pay off, and you will have countless opportunities to increase your level of responsibility and compensation.
Benefits & Perks
- The chance to work on a fun and dynamic team, in an environment where there is room for you to make a massive impact and significantly expand your role
- A “human” schedule, as described above, that prioritizes results and deliverables
- The chance to work from pretty much anywhere in the world, as described above
- Travel opportunities including fun and productive in-person team retreats
- And many more
While we offer generous benefits and awesome perks, above all this is an amazing opportunity to grow with us, and to help us grow.
I’m Ready to Apply! What Are the Next Steps?
Applications are due by Wednesday, August 30th. However, we may close the application window sooner, so don’t wait until the due date to apply!
Due to the large number of applications, we may not respond to all applicants.
Thank you so much to each of you who applied! The application window has closed.