Trip Planning with Boutique Japan
Curious about traveling to Japan with us? Here is some essential information about what it’s like to plan your trip with Boutique Japan.
Whether you usually plan your own trips, or normally work with a destination expert, planning a trip to Japan can seem overwhelming.
Our specialty is crafting custom trips for travelers seeking unique experiences. We’re here to help you get the most out of your precious time in Japan, without feeling like you’re rushing around – and make the process as fun and effortless as possible, so you can simply relax and savor every moment of your experience.
When we say bespoke, we actually mean it.
Your trip is designed completely around you – to focus on the aspects of Japan that most interest you – and we take care of all the essential arrangements so you can simply enjoy the experience.
- We work closely with wonderful private guides and experts throughout Japan, and arrange your itinerary to maximize your time in the country.
- We arrange your logistics to match your travel style, and getting around Japan is a pleasure thanks to the comfort and efficiency of its various modes of transport, from the shinkansen to white-gloved taxi drivers.
- As for where you’ll stay: Japan offers an irresistible range of accommodations, and we always select the best options based on our firsthand expertise and your priorities.
See a real-life example of how we planned one trip from start to finish.
A trip with Boutique Japan includes the following (the exact details vary, as every trip is completely customized):
- A tailor-made itinerary crafted personally for you, based on our in-depth Japan expertise, relationships, and firsthand experience
- All your accommodations, in hotels and ryokans to match your taste and priorities
- In-country transport via the shinkansen (bullet train) and more, with expertly-planned logistics for peace of mind and convenience
- Unique private tours and experiences, with as much (or little) free time as you’d like
- Recommendations for authentic, memorable experiences, including well-known highlights and hidden gems
- Meals at accommodations and during culinary outings
- Extensive pre-departure information to help you prepare for your trip, including expert advice on etiquette, food, packing, Wi-Fi, language, tipping, and more
- A Japan specialist to answer your questions, and thoughtful customer service (including 24/7 emergency assistance during your trip)
Designing your Bespoke Japan Trip
The first and most important step in the process is to learn more about what you are truly looking for in this trip. We will delve into your priorities, interests, and travel style, and our understanding of what you’re envisioning will begin to clearly emerge.
From here we begin putting your perfect trip together, piece by piece. Because of how much attention we pour into each trip, the process may not be as quick as requesting a proposal from a larger company offering a less customized experience.
As explained on our About Us page, because of our focus on personalized service and bespoke itineraries, we actively limit the number of trips we work on at any given time.
As soon as we’ve designed what you agree looks like the perfect trip, we’ll proceed to confirmation – and our brilliant Trip Prep team will guide you in the fun part of preparing for (and getting excited about!) your trip. We’ll have many more details about all of this as we embark on the trip-planning process.
Since people ask on occasion, it is important to mention a few things with which we are unable to assist.
Because of our focus on personalized service and bespoke itineraries — to ensure each trip gets the full attention it deserves — we specialize in complete trips (as opposed to “a la carte” services) of at least one week and longer.
Please also note that cost breakdowns are not available, and all products and services are sold as a complete customized package. Because of this it’s important to discuss any budget-related goals or constraints before we begin crafting an itinerary (for more on pricing, please see below).
Lastly, as passionate as we are about food and culinary experiences, we only offer restaurant reservations as part of private culinary outings with local experts, rather than on a standalone basis.
Pricing for our Bespoke Japan Trips
While no two of our trips are ever the same, they do tend to fall into one – or a mix – of the following three categories, depending on your interests, priorities and budget.
Please note that these are not fixed prices, but rather estimated guidelines based on our extensive experience arranging bespoke trips.
Our Classic trips feature carefully-selected hotels and ryokans, a mix of wonderful private guides and independent exploration, transport (usually by shinkansen) between all your destinations, and more. Prices start at about US $700 per person per day and up.
Our Boutique trips feature an optimal balance of comfort and luxury, including stays at lovely boutique and luxury accommodations, wonderful private guides and unique experiences, transport between all your destinations and private vehicles where most appropriate, and more. Prices start at about US $900 per person per day and up.
Our Luxury trips feature the absolute best Japan has to offer, including stays at Japan’s most incredible luxury hotels and ryokans, wonderful private guides and exclusive experiences, first-class transport between all your destinations and private vehicles where most appropriate, and more. Prices start at about US $1,200 per person per day and up.
Itinerary Design Fee
We typically require a preliminary itinerary design fee, which allows us to dedicate our time and efforts to each of our clients, and give each trip the personal love and attention it deserves.
The amount varies depending on various factors (such as trip length, itinerary intricacy, etc.) and is fully applicable toward the final cost of your trip.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.