Trip Planning with Boutique Japan
Curious about traveling to Japan with us? Here is some essential information about what it’s like to plan your trip with Boutique Japan.
Whether you usually plan your own trips, or normally work with a destination expert, planning a trip to Japan can seem overwhelming.
Our specialty is crafting completely customized trips for travelers seeking unique, authentic experiences.
We’re here to help you get the most out of your precious time in Japan, without feeling like you’re rushing around – and make the process as fun and effortless as possible, so you can simply relax and savor every moment of your experience.
Designing your Bespoke Japan Trip: Our Process
The first and most important step in the process is to learn more about what you are truly looking for in this trip.
We will delve into your priorities, interests, and travel style, and our understanding of what you’re envisioning will begin to clearly emerge. Then we can begin putting your perfect trip together, piece by piece.
When we say bespoke, we actually mean it.
Because of how much love and attention we pour into each trip, we actively limit the number of trips we work on at any given time (as explained on our About Us page), and our process may not be as quick as working with a company that offers a less customized experience.
Your trip is designed completely around you – to focus on the aspects of Japan that most interest you – and we take care of all the essential arrangements so you can simply enjoy the experience.
- We work closely with wonderful private guides and experts throughout Japan, and arrange your itinerary to maximize your time in the country.
- We arrange your logistics to match your travel style, and getting around Japan is a pleasure thanks to the comfort and efficiency of its various modes of transport, from the shinkansen to white-gloved taxi drivers.
- As for where you’ll stay: Japan offers an irresistible range of accommodations, and we always select the best options based on our firsthand expertise and your priorities.
See a real-life example of how we planned one trip from start to finish.
As soon as we’ve designed what you agree looks like the perfect trip, we’ll proceed to confirmation.
Upon booking, we begin the intensive “behind-the-scenes” process of meticulously coordinating and fine-tuning all the details of your itinerary, communicating extensively with your guides and accommodations to ensure everything is in place for a seamless and wonderful trip.
At the same time, our brilliant Operations Ninjas begin guiding you in the process of preparing for your trip, providing you with essential pre-departure information and answering any questions you may have.
As departure day approaches, you’ll receive your detailed and beautiful final itinerary, packed with essential information – and then it’s finally time to enjoy your long-awaited trip!
What’s included in the cost of a trip with Boutique Japan?
For pricing information, see the Pricing section below.
A trip with us includes the following (the exact details vary, as every trip is completely customized):
- A tailor-made itinerary crafted personally for you, based on our in-depth Japan expertise, relationships, and firsthand experience
- All your accommodations, in hotels and ryokans to match your taste and priorities
- In-country transport via the shinkansen (bullet train) and more, with expertly-planned logistics for peace of mind and convenience
- Unique private tours and experiences, with as much (or little) free time as you’d like
- Recommendations for authentic, memorable experiences, including well-known highlights and hidden gems
- Meals at accommodations and during culinary outings
- Extensive pre-departure information to help you prepare for your trip, including expert advice on etiquette, food, packing, Wi-Fi, language, tipping, and more
- A Japan specialist to answer your questions, and thoughtful customer service (including 24/7 emergency assistance during your trip)
Since people ask on occasion, it is important to mention a few things with which we are unable to assist.
Because of our focus on personalized service and bespoke itineraries — to ensure each trip gets the full attention it deserves — we specialize in complete trips (as opposed to “a la carte” services) of at least one week and longer.
Please also note that cost breakdowns are not available, and all products and services are sold as a complete customized package. Because of this it’s important to discuss any budget-related goals or constraints before we begin crafting an itinerary (for more on pricing, please see below).
Lastly, as passionate as we are about food and culinary experiences, we only offer restaurant reservations as part of private culinary outings with local experts, rather than on a standalone basis.
Pricing for a trip with Boutique Japan
While no two itineraries are ever the same, pricing for our trips tends to fall into one or a mix of the following ranges. The price of each trip depends on various factors, including dates and seasonality, accommodations, guides and experiences, and more.
Please note that these are general guidelines, based on our experience, to give you an approximate sense of our trips’ pricing.
A Classic trip features a carefully selected mix of upper mid-range and high-end accommodations, wonderful private guides (with plenty of time to explore independently), transport between all your destinations (primarily via rail), and more. Expect pricing around US ~$700-$900 per person per day based on 2 or more travelers (potentially higher during peak seasons).
A Boutique trip features an optimal mix of boutique and luxury accommodations, wonderful private guides and exclusive experiences (with as much free time as you would like), transport between all your destinations (via rail and private vehicles where appropriate), and more. Expect pricing around US ~$900-$1,200 per person per day based on 2 or more travelers (potentially higher during peak seasons).
A Luxury trip features the absolute best Japan has to offer, including Japan’s most incredible luxury hotels and ryokans, wonderful private guides and exclusive experiences (with as much free time as you would like), transport between all your destinations (via first-class rail and private vehicles where appropriate), and more. Expect pricing around US ~$1,200-$1,500 per person per day and up based on 2 or more travelers (potentially higher during peak seasons).
Itinerary Design Fee
We typically require a preliminary itinerary design fee, which allows us to dedicate our time and efforts to each of our clients, and give each trip the personal love and attention it deserves.
The amount varies depending on various factors (such as trip length, itinerary intricacy, etc.) and is fully applicable toward the final cost of your trip.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.