Length: 13 days
Price: From $12,100 per person based on double occupancy
Type: Private travel experience
Dates: Based on your preferred travel dates
For the experienced traveler seeking to get off the beaten path we present our 13-day Luxury Ryokans & The Japanese Countryside trip. You’ll visit some of Japan’s most stunning locations, enjoy once-in-a-lifetime cultural experiences and cuisine, and stay at some of the country’s most unique and luxurious hotels and ryokans. Unlike typical Japan tours, our trip includes the perfect combination of essential highlights with unique, non-touristy once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
“My husband and I recently returned from a wonderful trip to Japan planned by Boutique Japan. Their attention to detail, responsiveness and knowledge of Japan is amazing. Our trip would not have been anywhere near as successful if it wasn’t for Andres and Boutique Japan.” – Jenny and Bryan, Pittsburgh
- The chance to visit beautiful off-the-beaten-path locations in Japan
- Luxury ryokan experiences including impeccable kaiseki cuisine and rejuvenating onsen (hot springs)
- Kyoto, the ancient capital, including a stay at the magical HOSHINOYA
- Naoshima’s art & architecture, including a stay at Benesse House
- Tokyo, one of the world’s most exciting cities, including a stay at the refined Palace Hotel Tokyo
- Impeccable culinary experiences throughout your journey
- Exclusive experiences including dinner with a geisha, sumo and sake tasting
- And more!
- 12 nights of deluxe luxury and boutique accommodations including HOSHINOYA Kyoto, Ryokan Kurashiki, Benesse House, Oyado The Earth, Yagyu no Sho and Palace Hotel Tokyo
- Daily breakfast at your accommodations & deluxe multi-course kaiseki dinners at your ryokans
- Private half-day orientation tour of Kyoto
- Private dinner with maiko in Kyoto’s Gion geisha district
- Private half-day orientation tour of Kurashiki
- Private half-day tour of Naoshima art island
- Private half-day tour of Teshima art island
- Private evening izakaya outing & sake tasting in Tokyo
- Sumo heya visit in Tokyo
- Private half-day tour of Tokyo
- Meet-and-greet on arrival in Osaka, including private transfer to your Kyoto hotel
- Private transfer from your hotel to Kyoto Station
- Shinkansen (bullet train) from Kyoto to Okayama in the first-class Green Car
- Private transfer from Okayama Station to your ryokan
- Private transfer from your ryokan to Uno Port and ferry to Naoshima Island
- Roundtrip ferry from Naoshima to Teshima
- Travels to Toba by ferry, train and private transfer
- Travels to Shuzenji by train and private transfer
- Travels to Tokyo by private transfer and shinkansen in Green Car
- Private transfer from Tokyo Station to your hotel
- Private transfer from your hotel to the airport for departure
- Extensive Japan pre-departure information (including money & currency, packing for Japan, etiquette & tipping, how to stay connected via mobile & Wi-Fi, survival words & phrases, foods to try, and much more) to help you prepare for your trip
- 24/7 emergency in-country assistance while in Japan
- International flights
- Travel insurance (we provide recommendations)
- Meals, tours, experiences, etc. other than those specified
- Entrance fees or local transport at each destination, except as specified
- Personal expenses such as baggage handling, rental mobile phone or pocket Wi-Fi, laundry, mini-bar, etc.
- Any other services not specified
Is this a group tour?
No, this is a private travel experience for you and your fellow traveler(s).
Is this trip possible for solo travelers or other-sized parties?
Yes, simply contact us here and we can provide more details depending on how many of you there will be.
Are the dates flexible?
Yes, we will plan this trip based on your preferred travel dates.
Prices and availability may vary depending on the dates, but this is something we will let you know as soon as possible after you inquire, to avoid any surprises.
Can you help book flights?
Yes, we can advise and assist with flights, or you can book your own flights.
Are trip extensions possible?
Yes, this trip can be extended, with add-ons possible before or after the itinerary. Extend your stay in Tokyo or Kyoto, or add a completely different part of Japan. Contact us for more details.
What’s included in the cost?
Please see the list above for details of what’s included in the cost.
When do I have to pay?
Once we have determined availability and pricing for your desired dates we normally require a 30% deposit. Availability and rates are subject to change until we have completed the confirmation process.
If your trip is coming up within 90 days, full payment will be required to secure your bookings.
What should I pack (and what about Wi-Fi, train times, dietary restrictions, the time difference, passports, visas, etc.)?
Not to worry! We make sure all of our clients are prepared with extensive pre-departure information.
Ready to Plan Your Japan Trip?