Length: 8 days
Price: From $5,290 per person based on double occupancy
Type: Private travel experience
Dates: Based on your preferred travel dates
Our private 8-day Japan Essentials: Tokyo, Kyoto & Hakone trip is perfect if you want to experience the very best of the Tokyo metropolis, the ancient capital Kyoto, and the beautiful Hakone National Park in the shadow of Mount Fuji. Unlike typical Japan tours, our trip includes the perfect combination of essential highlights with unique, non-touristy once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
“Boutique Japan epitomizes the Japanese standard of service that we have come to appreciate from our travels within the country. This trip exceeded our expectations and was one of the best vacations we’ve been on. Personally, this trip was a transformative experience. Thank you so much!” – Tina & Glade, California
- Tokyo, one of the world’s most exciting cities
- Kyoto, the ancient capital and home to world-class UNESCO sites
- Hakone National Park in the shadow of Mount Fuji
- Foodie experiences in Tokyo, including izakaya & Tsukiji Fish Market
- Private tours of Kyoto’s Gion geisha district & Fushimi Inari Shrine
- The chance to ride the world-famous shinkansen (bullet train)
- A night at a luxurious traditional ryokan with onsen (hot springs)
- And more!
- 7 nights of accommodations including the luxurious Yamanochaya Ryokan in Hakone, Hotel Niwa in Tokyo and Royal Park Hotel THE Kyoto
- Daily breakfast at your accommodations
- A deluxe multi-course kaiseki dinner at your ryokan
- Half-day private orientation tour of Tokyo
- Evening izakaya (gastropub) outing in Tokyo
- Private tour of Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo
- Additional half-day private tour of Tokyo
- Private evening tour of Kyoto’s Gion geisha district
- Half-day private orientation tour of Kyoto
- Private tour of Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Meet-and-greet on arrival in Tokyo, including airport shuttle to your hotel
- IC transport cards to help you get around Tokyo (including 2500 yen of credit)
- Limited Express train from Tokyo to Hakone
- Private transfer from Hakone-Yumoto Station to your ryokan
- Hakone FreePasses to help you get around Hakone
- Private transfer from your ryokan to Odawara Station
- Shinkansen (bullet train) from Odawara Station to Kyoto
- Haruka Express train from Kyoto to Osaka’s Kansai Airport
- Extensive Japan pre-departure information (including money & currency, packing for Japan, etiquette & tipping, how to stay connected via mobile & Wi-Fi, survival words & phrases, foods to try, and much more) to help you prepare for your trip
- 24/7 emergency in-country assistance while in Japan
- International flights
- Travel insurance (we provide recommendations)
- Meals, tours, experiences, etc. other than those specified
- Entrance fees or local transport at each destination, except as specified
- Personal expenses such as baggage handling, rental mobile phone or pocket Wi-Fi, laundry, mini-bar, etc.
- Any other services not specified
Is this a group tour?
No, this is a private travel experience for you and your fellow traveler(s).
Is this trip possible for solo travelers or other-sized parties?
Yes, simply contact us here and we can provide more details depending on how many of you there will be.
Are the dates flexible?
Yes, we will plan this trip based on your preferred travel dates.
Prices and availability may vary depending on the dates, but this is something we will let you know as soon as possible after you inquire, to avoid any surprises.
Can you help book flights?
Yes, we can advise and assist with flights, or you can book your own flights.
Are trip extensions possible?
Yes, this trip can be extended, with add-ons possible before or after the itinerary. Extend your stay in Tokyo or Kyoto, or add a completely different part of Japan. Contact us for more details.
What’s included in the cost?
Please see the list above for details of what’s included in the cost.
When do I have to pay?
Once we have determined availability and pricing for your desired dates we normally require a 30% deposit. Availability and rates are subject to change until we have completed the confirmation process.
If your trip is coming up within 90 days, full payment will be required to secure your bookings.
What should I pack (and what about Wi-Fi, train times, dietary restrictions, the time difference, passports, visas, etc.)?
Not to worry! We make sure all of our clients are prepared with extensive pre-departure information.
Ready to Plan Your Japan Trip?