Length: 12 days
Price: From $9,210 per person based on double occupancy
Type: Private travel experience
Dates: Based on your preferred travel dates
Our private 12-day Japan Cities, Mountains & Art trip offers the perfect combination of urban excitement, beautiful landscapes and unique cultural experiences. You’ll travel from Tokyo to the Japanese Alps, the art island of Naoshima to the ancient capital of Kyoto. Unlike typical Japan tours, our trip includes the perfect combination of essential highlights with unique, non-touristy once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
“Boutique Japan dreamed, planned and organised the most perfect honeymoon for us! We could not be more thrilled with the collection of magical memories and treasures with which we now start our lives together.” – Paula & Sven, Zambia
- Tokyo, one of the world’s most exciting cities
- Kyoto, the ancient capital and home to world-class UNESCO sites
- Onsen (hot springs), skiing & snow monkeys in the Japanese Alps
- Naoshima’s art and architecture & the stunning Miho Museum
- Unique culinary and cultural experiences
- An impeccable mix of stylish hotels & traditional accommodations
- The chance to ride the world-famous shinkansen (bullet train)
- And more!
- 11 nights of unique and luxury accommodations including Andaz Tokyo, a restored machiya townhouse in Kyoto, Benesse House Hotel and a traditional ryokan with onsen in the Japan Alps
- Daily breakfast at your accommodations (excluding Kyoto machiya)
- Deluxe multi-course kaiseki dinner at your ryokan
- Private tour of Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo
- A chance to see the Japan Alps’ famous Snow Monkeys
- Hakuba ski resort Ski Passes
- Private orientation tour of Kyoto
- Visit to the Miho Museum
- Visit to Naoshima Art Island
- Meet-and-greet on arrival in Tokyo, including private transfer to your hotel
- Shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo to Nagano
- Local train from Nagano to Yudanaka Onsen
- Private transfer from Yudanaka Onsen to your ryokan
- Private transfer from Yudanaka Onsen to Hakuba via the Snow Monkey Park
- Travels from Hakuba to Kyoto by private transfer, train and shinkansen
- Travels from Kyoto to Naoshima by shinkansen, train and ferry
- Travels from Naoshima to Tokyo by ferry, train and shinkansen
- Private transfer from your hotel to the airport for departure
- Extensive Japan pre-departure information (including money & currency, packing for Japan, etiquette & tipping, how to stay connected via mobile & Wi-Fi, survival words & phrases, foods to try, and much more) to help you prepare for your trip
- 24/7 emergency in-country assistance while in Japan
- International flights
- Travel insurance (we provide recommendations)
- Meals, tours, experiences, etc. other than those specified
- Entrance fees or local transport at each destination, except as specified
- Personal expenses such as baggage handling, rental mobile phone or pocket Wi-Fi, laundry, mini-bar, etc.
- Any other services not specified
Is this a group tour?
No, this is a private travel experience for you and your fellow traveler(s).
Is this trip possible for solo travelers or other-sized parties?
Yes, simply contact us here and we can provide more details depending on how many of you there will be.
Are the dates flexible?
Yes, we will plan this trip based on your preferred travel dates.
Prices and availability may vary depending on the dates, but this is something we will let you know as soon as possible after you inquire, to avoid any surprises.
Can you help book flights?
Yes, we can advise and assist with flights, or you can book your own flights.
Are trip extensions possible?
Yes, this trip can be extended, with add-ons possible before or after the itinerary. Extend your stay in Tokyo or Kyoto, or add a completely different part of Japan. Contact us for more details.
What’s included in the cost?
Please see the list above for details of what’s included in the cost.
When do I have to pay?
Once we have determined availability and pricing for your desired dates we normally require a 30% deposit. Availability and rates are subject to change until we have completed the confirmation process.
If your trip is coming up within 90 days, full payment will be required to secure your bookings.
What should I pack (and what about Wi-Fi, train times, dietary restrictions, the time difference, passports, visas, etc.)?
Not to worry! We make sure all of our clients are prepared with extensive pre-departure information.
Ready to Plan Your Japan Trip?